We hope you find this website a useful and easy to use resource to get an idea of what ACE is about, how we work and the many successes our students achieve.
We are fully open to all students and are accepting new referrals from Luton schools across all our service strands.
A link to the 2021-22 Academic dates can be found below:
The student day is:
ACE: 9.30 am to 2.30pm (1.30pm on a Friday)
PACE: 10am to 2pm
The entire ACE team are delighted with the strong set of results achieved by all ACE and Alternative Provision students in what was another difficult and challenging academic year.
All students achieved the results they needed for their ‘next steps’ transition plans and it was great to see so many of you come, collect your results and share your success with us.
The ACE Transition and Careers teams remains available to support you until at least the end of this academic term so please do keep in touch and if you need any support or guidance as you move on to college and training, please do get in touch.
Year 11 online Careers Website and monthly magazine
This website has parent and student sections, offers an insiders view of different employment areas each week and is a good source of information as to all your different options at the end of Year 11 in Employment and Training. Free to sign up
Mental Health Awareness Week
ACE took part this year, supporting the theme of Nature by making full use of our outside areas for physical activities, lessons using the ACE garden and trips to local parks and outdoor spots. Follow the link above for other ideas and resources.
Duke of Edinburg Award Scheme at ACE
DoE goes from strength to strength and in this final summer half term we have a number of day visits, walk and practice expeditions as well as a final overnight expedition to look forward too. Students have been busy working on the award all year and a large part of this is voluntary work around ACE, with partners (especially ZSL Whipsnade) and in the local community.
Launch of the Bedfordshire Against Violence and Exploitation campaign
Please follow the links under the ‘Links to supporting Groups’ tab for more info or click the link below
ACE and Covid
ACE is constantly reviewing the advice from the DfE, Public Health England and from the Luton Public Health Team.
Current Covid precautions include but are not limited to:
- the offer of on site twice weekly Covid testing for all staff and for all students (subject to parental consent)
- daily health checks for all staff and students on arrival
- ACE start and end times avoid timings of neighbouring schools
- ensuring that alternative providers have similar rigorous Covid precautionary measures in place
- limits on class sizes and numbers in rooms
- use of a one-way system around the ACE building
- wearing of face masks in lesson changes, stairwells and in all communal areas
- social distancing signs and reminders
- provision of hand sanitisers at every classroom and in all communal spaces
- only having essential visitors to the ACE site
- moving all meetings online wherever possible