HAM / PACE Process
Referral Received – Week 0
Hub Allocation Meeting – Week 1
- Has the service requested been identified and intended outcomes made clear?
- Has the Hub lead signed to verify parental permission given?
- Does the evidence provided support the referral?
- Does ACE have the capacity to offer the service?
- Can it be provided from the Schools core allocation or require school to fund?
- ACE contacts parents to arrange initial meeting and start date
PACE – Week 1 and Week 2
- meeting held with parents to gather background information and to identify areas of possible support
- Contact with referring or prior school to collate additional information
- Student attends ACE four days a week with one day home study
- Student completes ACE assessments to inform next steps planning
Week 2 HAM
PACE presents students back to HAM for confirmation of next steps and pathway plan
- Pathway A. Provision at ACE and School (Route Mainstream)
- Pathway A. Provision at ACE and vocational provision (Route 19)
- Pathway B. More time required to consider / arrange a bespoke package
- Pathway C. Allocated to fulltime ALPS organised vocational package
Week 3 – Student starts fulltime package as identified at HAM, to be reviewed half termly
Students that have been placed on a Pathway C Provision (non medical) are reviewed regularly to assess if they are able to move back onto a Pathway A provision