Careers Links for Yr 11 Students
On this we will update each week, links to useful online events, webpages and details of open days and taster sessions that may be of interest to you.
At ACE, you will continue to have your Careers and Personal Achievement (CPA) lessons where you will look at:
- employability skills (what employers say they are looking for)
- local job and training opportunities for life after ACE
- Local Colleges, Apprenticeships and training providers
- support for making applications and preparing for interviews (including online interviews)
- Preparing your CV and getting ready to join the world of work
- any other help you might need to plan for your move on from ACE and School
From January 2021, you will all have a chance to have a one to one meeting with a careers advisor every half term to help you look at your options, plans your next steps and make your applications and interviews.
Please click below for the dates, times and links to register for virtual open days for local colleges, apprenticeships and training providers.
These events are all free and will be a mix of subject-specific live webinars, virtual tours and useful information. Advice and guidance teams will be available to answer your questions throughout the day.
Amazing Apprenticeships will be hosting an exclusive webinar with the Armed Forces to explore the apprenticeship opportunities available within the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
The webinar will take place on Wednesday 25th November, at 3:30pm
To book your place, please click here (Will be taking place on Zoom): https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0sf-6przsqG9Z2HVFOXbhU9RvWUT69Kd_u
SEMLEP are hosting three broadcasts with Speakers for Schools to help Year 10 to Year 13, parents and carers understand more information about what careers opportunities are in the local area and what employers look for when recruiting.
The live broadcasts will include a presentation followed up with an interactive Q&A session with a panel of experts from various businesses and organisations. (The broadcasts will happen over Microsoft Teams). Here are the dates:
Where are the opportunities? – 24th November 2020, 5pm to 6pm
What are employers looking for? – 25th November 2020, 5pm to 6pm
Pathways to Careers – 26th November 2020, 5pm to 6pm
Accessing the event in a web browser:
- 5 mins before the time of the live broadcast, click the join link provided
- You can then choose to sign in to your Office 365 account if you have one or join anonymously
- The live event will begin at the time specified
- Please note, you will not be able to access the broadcast via Internet Explorer (use google chrome)