Corona Virus Updates
I am writing to reassure you that ACE is taking the current virus situation seriously, that we are following all advice from Public Health England and the Department for Education and that the situation is being reviewed daily.
There are currently no plans for ACE close. As the situation continues to change we will be keeping in contact with you via our text message service, this website (www.avenuecentre.co.uk) and our Facebook page ‘@ACELuton’.
For Year 11 students the current advice is that GCSE exams are still expected to take place on time and that is what we are continuing to work to.
The current steps we are taking to protect staff and student health and well-being include:
- We are reducing the number of meetings that ACE staff either attend or host in order to minimise contact
- We are suspending the introduction of new students to ACE (unless there are significant safeguarding concerns)
- Our cleaning team are concentrating on daily disinfectant cleaning of priority areas (door handles, stair banisters, table tops)
- We are supplying hand gels and disinfectant wipes to every classroom
- We are encouraging regular hand washing for all students and promoting the NHS advice around coughs, sneezing, hand-washing and symptoms to be aware of
- We have contingency plans, including alternative timetables in place in order to be able to deal with an increase in staff absences and keep the school open
- We are prioritising core academic subjects, GCSE classes and the Year 11 exams
It is obviously hard to predict what may happen over the next few weeks, but we are meeting daily to adjust our future plans, keeping in touch with Public Health, NHS and Government advice and we will make sure that we are keeping you fully informed via Text, Website and Facebook
If you have recently changed your mobile phone, please can you inform us of your new number so that we can ensure you receive our updates by text.
For Information and Guidance: