Monday 18th January is the launch of our student ‘Give it your best shot’ reward scheme, worth up to £100 of reward vouchers. This is for all students, at ACE, at provision and at home online so check your ACE emails for details.
ACE will re-open to vulnerable students and children of keyworkers only, from Monday 11th January. These students will attend for socially distanced face to face to lessons with additional work set vi Google Classroom. Individual timetables have been sent home.
All staff and students will be offered onsite Covid Testing on their first day back and we encourage parents / carers / students to take part in this testing as part of a precautionary measures. Parents have been consent forms and students will need to bring these with them on their first day back.
See the video on the right explaining our Covid Testing arrangements.
All other students will be accessing online learning only until February half term as part of the National Lockdown measures. Timetables have been sent home and students will have a mixture of online live learning, work packs and independent studying. Attendance and engagement with lessons and learning will be monitored and students will receive at least weekly check in pastoral calls. Students may directly contact their teachers via the avenue centre email system with any questions or concerns.
Year 11 students: Your Grades will now be based on teacher assessments and so the work you are being set online this half will now form part of this assessment. Please make every effort to take part in your lessons, complete the set work and email your teachers if you need any help or support. We plan to offer you some face to face time and will send you details when they are arranged, including the next chance to sit Functional Skills qualifications before the February half term.
PACE Students will also begin their program of online learning from Monday 11th January and have been contacted directly with their timetables.
Alternative Provisions will remain open for all students in all year groups to attend as normal with immediate effect; students are encouraged to attend as per their usual timetable.
The Govt has confirmed that summer GCSE exams for Year 11 students have now been cancelled and instead grades will be awarded via teacher assessment according to a portfolio of students best work.
Year 11 students will be having work set over this half term, to complete at home and online that will form part of this portfolio. We are planning on offering Year 11 students an opportunity to attend for some face to face time with staff and will send out more details of this shortly.
ACE is constantly reviewing the advice from the DfE, Public Health England and from the Luton Public Health Team.
Current Covid precautions include but are not limited to:
- the offer of on site weekly Covid testing for all staff and for all students (subject to parental consent) on their first day back at ACE
- hiring additional teaching staff to provide cover for absent staff and help support smaller teaching groups without having to bring temporary day agency staff into the building
- employing an additional day time cleaner to provide constant cleaning of high risk areas (door handles, light switches, stair bannisters, toilets’ etc)
- later start day so students do not need to use public transport during peak hours
- daily health checks for all staff and students on arrival
- ACE start and end times avoid timings of neighbouring schools
- temporary suspension of ACE and School dual registered students
- the reduction in the number of alternative provisions being used
- provisions that are being used, have ACE only capacity
- limits on class sizes and numbers in rooms
- use of a one-way system around the ACE building
- wearing of face masks in lesson changes, stairwells and in all communal areas
- social distancing signs and reminders
- provision of hand sanitisers at every classroom and in all communal spaces
- only having essential visitors to the ACE site
- moving all meetings online wherever possible
In the summer term we launched our new ACE Achiever Newsletter and we hope this provides an interesting read and allows us to share with you what’s going on in ACE, our plans for moving ahead and to share the many successes stories from our students and staff. Please use the links below to read
In addition, please click here for information on our summer 2020 Exam season and results. Our congratulations to all our students who did so well during such a difficult and challenging time and thanks to the parents, carers and families that we providing important behind the scenes help. Well done.
ACE had a full Ofsted Inspection on the 4th and 5th of July 2017. We are delighted that the Ofsted judgments were Good in all categories and that the Ofsted report was such a positive document recognising all the hard work and successes of ACE.
We believe that through the ACE personalised approach, students will learn more, feel happier and become more self confident and positive in their attitudes, values and personal choices. At ACE we seek to prepare and equip students for a return to mainstream education or for successful transition onto ongoing education, training or employment. Every student has their own strengths, interests and aspirations and so their own plausible route into adulthood.