ACE is now fully open to all students and we are glad to welcome you all back.
Onsite Covid testing is available to all students every Monday and Thursday up to Easter and we do recommend that you take part and help us to help keep everyone safe.
For parent / carers that would prefer, we can also supply home testing kits; please contact us to request these.
(Info on the ACE online learning offer is still available under the Parents and Students menu.)
We have (From Monday 12th April) moved back to a full ACE day with students due to arrive at 9.30am and remain onsite until 2.30pm, accessing 5 lessons per day.
Covid measures remain in place at ACE, including the wearing of face coverings at all times, including inside classrooms and we thank you for your support. These measures will be reviewed again at the May Half term or when the Gov’t reviews is national advice to schools.
Year 11 students have received their individual timetables and are working towards finishing off practical assessments and getting the evidence together to support teacher assessments. They are also busy with college and training provider applications and don’t forget, we have a team of staff here to help you with this process.
PACE is now back in operation on site and students are once again moving through to ACE. Thank you for all your hard work during the online weeks!
Launch of the Bedfordshire Against Violence and Exploitation campaign
Please follow the links under the ‘Links to supporting Groups’ tab for more info or click the link below
With schools reopening, one of our students has been able to take up his place back in a new school full time and sent the ACE team a lovely message. Well done to him for all his hard work and thank you for your kind message.
Thank you to every staff/teacher you guys are actually awesome. I’m so excited to have a fresh new start. I really appreciate it that you guys helped me all this way. All the staff and teachers are all so kind and helpful. You all are astounding. Today was my first day of school and met a few people and made friends there really kind and smart. My first day was amazing! Thank you all again.
Easter break and training day
The Easter holiday runs from Monday 29th March to Friday 9th April. ACE is closed on Monday 12th April for staff training with students due back on the Tuesday. Any student attending provision on Monday 12th can still attend.
Reminder: FSM vouchers are not being provided by the DfE but provision is being made by Luton Borough Council for eligible families and we will be in touch with you at the end of term.
The CYCD are running some April activities for students aged 11-18, please click on the link for more information.
ACE is constantly reviewing the advice from the DfE, Public Health England and from the Luton Public Health Team.
Current Covid precautions include but are not limited to:
- the offer of on site twice weekly Covid testing for all staff and for all students (subject to parental consent)
- hiring additional teaching staff to provide cover for absent staff and help support smaller teaching groups without having to bring temporary day agency staff into the building
- employing an additional day time cleaner to provide constant cleaning of high risk areas (door handles, light switches, stair bannisters, toilets’ etc)
- later start day so students do not need to use public transport during peak hours
- daily health checks for all staff and students on arrival
- ACE start and end times avoid timings of neighbouring schools
- temporary suspension of ACE and School dual registered students
- the reduction in the number of alternative provisions being used
- provisions that are being used, have ACE only capacity
- limits on class sizes and numbers in rooms
- use of a one-way system around the ACE building
- wearing of face masks in lesson changes, stairwells and in all communal areas
- social distancing signs and reminders
- provision of hand sanitisers at every classroom and in all communal spaces
- only having essential visitors to the ACE site
- moving all meetings online wherever possible
In the summer term we launched our new ACE Achiever Newsletter and we hope this provides an interesting read and allows us to share with you what’s going on in ACE, our plans for moving ahead and to share the many successes stories from our students and staff. Please use the links below to read
In addition, please click here for information on our summer 2020 Exam season and results. Our congratulations to all our students who did so well during such a difficult and challenging time and thanks to the parents, carers and families that we providing important behind the scenes help. Well done.
ACE had a full Ofsted Inspection on the 4th and 5th of July 2017. We are delighted that the Ofsted judgments were Good in all categories and that the Ofsted report was such a positive document recognising all the hard work and successes of ACE.
We believe that through the ACE personalised approach, students will learn more, feel happier and become more self confident and positive in their attitudes, values and personal choices. At ACE we seek to prepare and equip students for a return to mainstream education or for successful transition onto ongoing education, training or employment. Every student has their own strengths, interests and aspirations and so their own plausible route into adulthood.