Welcome back to new School Year.
We are delighted that ACE is now reopen to all students and we are back to offering full time education, all be it with a few changes in order to help keep our staff and students corona safe.
ACE and Covid Precautions
ACE is constantly reviewing the advice from the DfE, Public Health England and from the Luton Public Health Team.
Current covid precautions include but are not limited to:
- later start day so students do not need to use public transport during peak hours
- daily health checks for all staff and students on arrival
- ACE start and end times avoid timings of neighbouring schools
- temporary suspension of ACE and School dual registered students
- the reduction in the number of alternative provisions being used
- provisions that are being used, have ACE only capacity
- limits on class sizes and numbers in rooms
- use of a one-way system around the ACE building
- social distancing signs and reminders
- provision of hand sanitisers at every classroom and in all communal spaces
- masks are available for staff and students and can be worn at individuals choice
- only having essential visitors to the ACE site
- moving all meetings online wherever possible
Updated advice from Public Health England on Corona symptoms and testing for school children and their families.
Parents, Carers and students have received details of the revised education plans which will be in place until the October half term. These plans ensure that students are kept in ‘bubbles’, mixing only with other ACE students and so minimising the risk of infection. We also have strict plans in place for arrival, breaks, lunches and departures and of course, social distancing and regular hand washing. We thank you for your support in helping us keep these in place.
Half term Break Activities
Please look under ‘Links to supporting groups
In the summer term we launched our new ACE Achiever Newsletter and we hope this provides an interesting read and allows us to share with you what’s going on in ACE, our plans for moving ahead and to share the many successes stories from our students and staff. Please use the links below to read
ACE Summer 2020 Exams Please click here for information on our summer 2020 Exam season and results
ACE had a full Ofsted Inspection on the 4th and 5th of July 2017. We are delighted that the Ofsted judgments were Good in all categories and that the Ofsted report was such a positive document recognising all the hard work and successes of ACE.
We believe that through the ACE personalised approach, students will learn more, feel happier and become more self confident and positive in their attitudes, values and personal choices. At ACE we seek to prepare and equip students for a return to mainstream education or for successful transition onto ongoing education, training or employment. Every student has their own strengths, interests and aspirations and so their own plausible route into adulthood.